Thursday, August 23, 2007

Why does summer TV suck so bad?


Really, why does summer TV suck so bad? I was deperately wanted some mind numbing TV last night (more about why later) and I tuned into "According to Jim". I've only seen 3 episodes EVER, and wouldn't you know, 1 of the ones I had seen was on last night. Same problem tonight. I watched Supernatural (ahhhh) and tried to find something else to watch afterwards. The only thing I could find was the show about people that go missing (the title escapes me) and again, I had seen this exact episode last season or the season before. I really dislike violence against women or shows where women are victimized so I quickly tuned out.

Ok, onto why I needed mind-numbing TV. Yesterday morning I received a phone call from the business I submitted my application to again on Monday. I went from dead sleep to doing a "phone interview". Seriously. I had to spit my retainer out before I answered the questions. So, I must have passed that phase because then she asked to set up an interview for next Friday. I agreed. She also wanted me to fill out some sort of online personality test (just to prove I'm not coo coo). Within half an hour of completing that task she called me back and asked to move up the interview time to Thursday afternoon, the following day. Today I received a phone call in the afternoon asking me to bump the appointment up another 15 minutes. Sure, thing. No problem, I'll be there.

So, I was quite excited because this is the job I have really wanted and since I was already turned down once, I was even more anxious to make a good impression.

I think the interview went well. I liked what she had to say about the job and when she gave me the tour and introduced me to people, I realized I had already worked with or known these people in some other capacity. And I love Rita, the nurse that runs the CPR education department on the third floor, because as we walked past her office she asked what I was up to. I told her I was in the middle of a job interview and she turned to the woman interviewing me and said, "You have to hire her. She is the best." Awww, thanks, Rita! I was able to meet with the physician who oversees the department and he grilled me for a few minutes. He seemed to like my answers so that is another good check in my box. She wants me to job shadow a nurse before we proceed any further. The nurse is someone I met through a friend several years ago. We both attend the same parties, so there is another connection. I have one more interview with HR tomorrow. Pray/cross your fingers/send some good vibes that everything goes well! I'm so excited. And if I don't get the job my poor friends are going to have to scrape me off the floor.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

How'd the interview go today??? My fingers are crossed for you and I sent you positive vibes this morning! k