Thursday, August 16, 2007

Blackballed!

Wow! I just received in interesting phone call...well, let me back up a little bit. Within 24hrs of learning that my job had ended I had 3 job leads. Two of 3 leads were with the company I used to work for (for the time being they will remain nameless, but they are a very LARGE company here in town). I applied for the 2 jobs and I had insiders on both of these jobs that were ASKING me to come work with them. I submitted the applications and resumes. Waited a week, called to inquire about the positions and was told "yeah, we have gone another direction." On both, what the heck? Both the positions were still listed on their job website. I suspected I had been blackballed because my previous boss at this unnamed place had said to me when I left, "if you leave, you are never coming back." I believed that she was going to place a flag on my personnel file so I went to HR and reviewed my file. I was surprised to find all the notes and letters my fellow employees and patients had written about me. They were so impressed with my work they had written these things and I never knew about it. There was not one bad thing in my entire file so I thought, well, if they flag it I won't get hired, but if they bother to open the file they will see I was an exception employee. Ok, fastforward to 5 minutes a go. I received a phone call from one of my insiders on the job I really wanted. She asked if I had applied for it (her boss was requesting me as well) and I said, "yeah, weeks ago but they said they went a different direction." She was shocked! They were waiting for HR to forward me file and HR never did. I was blackballed. So, she is going to give my cell number to her boss and she should be calling me today. Say a prayer that I find the right words to say. I don't want to sound whiney, but I think they should take the time to LOOK in my file.

No comments: