Saturday, August 25, 2007

Saturday Morning Musings


What...can it be? I actually have some moisture on my patio? Did it actually rain? Hallelujah! Although our brothers and sisters an hour north of us have been hit by multiple storms the last few weeks, Bloomington has not had any rain in over a month. Really, it's been a month since we had any recordable rainfall. I'm not quite sure this will even count, but at least it looks wet. It's August in Indiana and I haven't mowed my lawn since last month. No joke. It's been 4 weeks since I last mowed. Everything in the yard is dead and brown, I have huge cracks in the dirt going through my flower garden and let's not talk about my vegetable garden. The poor thing looks scorched. I did have some good eatin' though. I ate my corn, green beans, and tomatoes. The rest, well, the rest looks like the butt end of a crematorium.

I had Part Deux of my two part interview yesterday morning. While waiting for my name to be called my former co-worker/supervisor came in. She is currently working for this company and has really enjoyed her work. It was so great to see her. I think the interview went fine. Some of these questions I just don't have a response for. "Name an event that happened while working at Select that you really disagreed with management. What did you do and what was the outcome?" Honestly, short of closing us down, I never really had any significant complaints. What am I supposed to say? For the most part they treated me well and I respected their decisions. Whenever I didn't understand their requests or disagreed with them, I would speak to my CEO privately. Problem solved and most times I was happy. The interviewer would not indicate if she thought I would be hired or not. She did say that were looking "at a lot of internal candidates". I do know that they always hire insiders first, but there are 2-3 open positions and I've had insiders advocating on my behalf for over a month now! Hopefully my interview on Thursday was strong enough to sway them towards me. I REALLY want this job (ok, that was a whine in case you couldn't hear it). Say a prayer for me, friends.

PS--I had the strangest sense of deja vu while sitting in this woman's office and being interviewed. It was bizarre. I know I have not met her prior to this week, but it was so familiar I could have sworn I had been there before. What the heck does that mean?

No comments: