Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Ok, I'm running out of interesting titles

Ok, here are the updates:
  • Still nothing on the job front. I re-submitted my application to the unnamed business that I was blackballed by. I even hand delivered it to the person responsible for that particular department and I called the department when I was done to let them know I had re-submitted. I don't know about this one. I have NOT been called by any of the many places I have applied for over the last month and the one place I did interview at has hired a former co-worker of mine.
  • If last week was the week for manly house stuff, this is the week for girly house stuff. I hate grocery shopping (love cooking, though), I hate doing laundry, and I really hate doing dishes. I've done all three today. Oh, here is the best part of my day: I saved over $10 using coupons and with the Kroger discounts saved a total of $29.36. Yep, no kidding. Nearly $30 in savings. So, I have made a tuna corn chowder that is totally addictive. Like, totally, dude. I'm also making a tomato barley soup and a cabbage sausage soup. Soup is definitely my comfort food. Ahhhhh.
  • I'm having a Birthday Bash next weekend and so far about 9-10 people have RSVP'd. That's pretty cool. I really thought it would be Sherry, Marshall, Rosa and me eating burgers and singing Happy Birthday so it's nice that people want to party. I thought it would be a bad idea since it was a long holiday weekend. If my own family wasn't going to make it, I didn't have much hope of anyone else showing up. I really don't care about presents, but I love to spend time with my friends and with the job loss a lot of us need a reason to party.
  • And lastly, I've been thinking of my daughter nearly non-stop. I think there are invisible threads that keep us linked to the ones we love even when we aren't around. About 10 years ago I was working night shift as a nurse in a hospital in Terre Haute. I would typically get home around 8:30 am and have to be up again by 4-4:30 pm. On this particular day I sat up straight in bed around 2:30 (I'm a little fuzzy on the exact time now, after all, it has been 10 years) and I knew something had happened to my sister. I began by calling her home, then her work place and then my mother. Around and around I called these places and no one knew where she was. She was supposed to be at work at 3 pm and hadn't called in to say she would be late. Finally, at 6:45 as I was getting ready to go to work again, my mom called. Sarah had been in a really bad accident at the exact time I had woken from sleep. Her car was totalled and was smoking when she finally got out of it. I knew that something had happened to her. Maybe the connection I feel now isn't to my child, but to my daughter's birth mother. I pray that she is happy and healthy and able to carry our child to term without difficulty. I can't imagine what she must be feeling. Is she excited to be pregnant or is she worried about what comes next? I hope she is supported.
  • I have been diligently going to the gym for the last week or so. It's true, I swear. I always complain about the crappy genetic material my parents bequeathed to me, but I did receive one of my mother's good attributes. That lady is freakishly strong. I realize I will never ever be as strong as my mother, but I am able to build muscle quickly and I do regain strength pretty quickly. The change in my respiratory status has been remarkable. Unfortunately the Y closes for it's annual cleaning on Friday so I will have to continue what I have started some other way for the next 2 weeks.

No comments: