Thursday, August 9, 2007

Gripe, Gripe, Gripe

Gripe #1--I've lost a fork. Lest you think I sit around counting my forks, let me reassure you I don't, but I really feel wiggy when I lose things. I decided to eat dinner in front of the TV last night, and when I finished my meal, laid my plate and fork down on the table long enough to rub my full belly. When I got up to take them to the kitchen I couldn't find the fork! The plate was there, but no fork. I am really beginning to wonder if my couch is eating stuff.

Gripe #2--I have the stomach flu. Yep, if life wasn't sweet enough right now, I come down with the stomach flu. It hit Monday afternoon and by the following afternoon the heaves had stopped, but, uh, other things remained. Including dizziness and fatigue. On the positive side, I haven't worn a bra in 3 days so not is bad.

Gripe #3--Unemployment sucks. I really thought I would handle it better, but I'm having trouble keeping track of the days. After the above mentioned nausea passed, I've spent considerable time poring through the classifieds and monstor.com and careerbuilders.com and I gotta tell you, it doesn't look good. I've already been turned down for the analyst job and then I was turned down for the media buyer position. I've applied at 5 other places and I haven't heard anything. Every morning I look for a job, but nothing is showing up. Hopefully I will feel back to normal tomorrow because I want to file for unemployment and visit an employment agency. I'm applying for everything that just requires a BA or BS degree. Pray for me, send positive thoughts my way or wave a magical stick in my direction, I think I'm going to need some help.

PS--I wouldn't have been so annoyed about losing a fork if I had more to do. I'm bored people and it is too hot to go outside. All the projects I want to work on require that I be outside or spend $$.

PPS--I can't seem to win a lousy game of Solitare on the computer. C'mon, enough is enough!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! The stomach flu really sucks. Found the fork yet? Maybe Siva took it! K