Wednesday, August 29, 2007

1 Day to B-day


Ok, for any of you that have tried to get a hold of me by phone or e-mail, I've been incommunicado. Since I have dial-up my phone rings busy and I don't have call waiting...I know, I know but it always feels rude and it's more expensive so I don't have it. So, since I am still anxiously waiting to hear about the job I interviewed for last week I'm trying to keep my calls and e-mails to a minimum during the day.

I'm feeling pretty nervous about this wait...I was told they would have a decision by mid to late week and I have 1 day down and 2 more days to go. Fortunately my mom is visiting for my birthday and we are keeping very busy. Otherwise, I think I'd be going to crazy from boredom and anxiety.

We are keeping very busy. I was just about passed out on the couch at 7 pm tonight until mom got me moving again. Those of you that know me or follow this blog know what a nightmare my yard has been for me. For my birthday my mother is volunteering labor and $$ to pay for yard stuff. So, today we got some mulch put down and tomorrow we will finish mulching and work on creating a better walkway. The current one is just beggin' for a broken ankle. Yesterday an elderly lady and her grandson came to the door asking to use the phone because their car broke down in front of my house. I was embarrassed that they had to walk through the mess. Well, no more! I will soon join the cult of people proud of their yards. I forgot to take 'before photos', but I will definitely get some 'after' shots.

No comments: