Sunday, August 12, 2007

Six Months!!!!!


That's right, folks, I'm six months into it now!! I'm hoping I only have another 12 months to wait until I receive my referral, but it, like so many other things, is completely out of my hands.

After the disastrous week I had last week (no job, no interviews, sick, PMS, etc.) I had a much better weekend. In fact, I've had a fabulous weekend! After my violin lesson yesterday morning I came home and fell into the routine I started last week (laying on the couch and watching TV) and I looked around and thought, "I have stuff to do here!" Honestly, the longer I laid there the more my ugly brown mantel started bothering me. It has never fit into the room so I thought it was time to do something about it. I sanded it down, primed it and painted it to match the built-in bookcase in the living room. With that done, I looked around and thought "I can't stand the color of the table and chairs mom and dad brought over!" Just so you know, I don't know squat about this kind of stuff, but now is the time to learn. I hand sanded that badboy by the time I went to bed and today after church I began working on it again. Since I didn't pay for it I'm not the least bit bothered about making it look ugly. By the time I go to bed tonight it will be stained and then I will polyurethane it tomorrow. When I first found out I had lost my job I viewed it as a time to get stuff done and it's time to get started. Now I have a list of things to work on. So, if you call and I don't answer it's because I'm elbows deep in paint.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Post pictures! I want to see the changes you've made. HAPPY 6 MONTHS!!! At least it feels like we've made progress each month, even if the referrals are coming so slowly! K

Mama Melissa said...

Congrats on your 6 months! I didn't think the wait was too horrible until the end... I hope it speeds up for you!!!

I agree with the 'family bed' idea... except, it scares me a little, and I don't sleep so well. But, if Mia wants to do that, then we will. She sleeps in her bed mostly. On occasion, she sleeps with me for naps or in her pack-n-play in my room.

I'm definitely going to keep up with your journey! I can't believe you already have the baby's room furniture! I didn't get mine until after referral (of course, I can't make decisions sometimes! lol)

Peace!
Melissa