Sunday, August 26, 2007

Birthday Week has Commenced!


I know the majority people only get to celebrate their birthday for a day, but I have been fortunate to stretch mine out all week! Officially, I think it commenced on Friday evening when mom and dad came to town to take me out to dinner. However, Michael upped the ante today by taking me out for my "birthday surprise". Yesterday he started dropping hints--wear comfortable walking shoes and clothes you aren't afraid to get dirty in. What the heck? Today I was told that I might want to bring a camera and there was potential for sweating. I was really wondering what he had planned, but it was awesome! I don't know how he'll be able to top this for next year or what I am going to do for his big day this year!

He took me to Center Point, Indiana, about an hour west of Bloomington. Really, there is nothing out there except for the Exotic Feline Rescue Center.

It really is incredible! They have 190 exotic cats (big kitties!) and it is an amazing experience. Truly very Jurassic Park. Some of the cats have double fences and all are electrified, but it is nothing like a zoo. The greenery is grown up and you get the feeling that you are walking through the jungle without fences. HOWEVER, you can hear the big cats talking to each other. It is very loud and reverberates throughout the compound. I gotta tell you, it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I turned my speaker up loud and it sounded like the cat was in my room.