Saturday, September 1, 2007

Happy Birthday!


I really enjoy my birthdays. As a child I would look forward to presents, but as an adult I relish just spending time with my friends and family. That is the best gift ever. I have much to be thankful for this year and even though I was not expecting to lose my job, that has provided me something I didn't have before. Time. I am thankful for the time to work on things around the house, spend with with friends and family, and spend with myself.

I thought I'd show you a little of what I received this year for my birthday:
From my dear friend, Terri, up in Michigan: can you believe this loot? She knows me well...some of it is for MayLing, but the chocolate is definitely for Mama!


This is a picture of the front of my house. I will try and post the before and after pictures later, but here is the gift: mulch, landscaping, walkway, and free labor to paint the door, shutters and trim the monster bush (outside of picture frame). I love you, Mom!

Of course, you've already seen Michael's gift. And tomorrow I will try to post photos of my Birthday Bash. Yee haw!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Happy birthday to you! Sorry it's a little late! The yard looks fabulous - what a gift! Can't wait to see your baby toddling down that walk! Will we ever get there????

Happy day! Angie