Friday, September 7, 2007

Bad Day

It's been an exceptionally bad day. I had my interview this morning and it was everything I expected and more. In fact, the very first line of the job description states "wellness director must be available 24/7". Are you kidding me? That's a prison sentence. I've been there, done that as they say. I remember the last time I had a job like that--I had no life, no friends, no boyfriend (although I don't have one now, at least I have the time for one), and no family time. I gained weight, my hair fell out and I was sick all the time. She was honest and admitted they have had a complete staff turn over and are very short staffed and that employees are working 7 days a week for 10 hours a day. The really great thing is that it is salaried so I wouldn't get paid for any of the overtime. Sounds like fun, eh? I keep telling myself that at least it is a job and it will pay the bills, but I'll be honest...I've already told Sherry that if I do take the job I'm going to have to store all my items with sharp edges are her house (that's a joke, I'm not really going to slash my wrists). They were so excited to interview me and really want me to commit to them ASAP. I guess I am a good actress because they couldn't see the tears on the inside. Just the thought of taking that job makes me feel panicky and trapped. I'm really not sure it is worth it. Say a prayer that something else comes along in the next few days because they want an answer by Wednesday. I've been in a funk since the interview. I just returned from the gym...I guess I thought I could beat the funk out of me, but no, I still feel trapped and miserable.

No comments: