Thursday, September 6, 2007

Job Updates

Ok, here it is in a nutshell: I'm still unemployed. I had my job shadow on Tuesday for the job I really want. It went really well and I think I would like the work. The interim director was out of town until today so I wasn't able to follow up with her, but the person that I shadowed with said she was going to e-mail her and recommend me for the position. Yeah! That's always good to hear. She also said that no one else has job shadowed and that my name has already come up a couple of times. Evidently she and Kathy, another Chinese adoptive mom and the one who told me about the job, are advocating for me. Yippeee!

Yesterday I spoke to HR about the position and they still don't know what is going on. The HR person told me that they might try to fill the interim director position before filling the analyst position. Uggghhh. That position has been open since May and according to the person I shadowed with the company has hired a national head hunter and so far only 1 applicant has interviewed. Ugggh. Just HIRE ME ALREADY.

Because my pay and benefits run out in little over 2 weeks, I've really got to get something set up. I sent out more resumes today and got a call this afternoon for a wellness director position. I hate to say it, but I don't want that job. I want the other job, my job (did you hear the whine in my voice? If not, read that line over again). So I have an interview tomorrow morning. It's strange...I'm trying so hard to get out of healthcare. I've applied for far more non-healthcare related positions and yet the healthcare companies are the only ones that are calling. Uggghhh.

On a non-job related subject, I've been busy at home. I lived in my apartment for 7 years, but it wasn't until I had lived there about 4 years that I finally started putting art work and pictures up. I guess I wanted to know it was permanent. Well, I haven't hung anything here since moving in May 2006. Mostly because I had to paint all these walls and I didn't want to put any holes in them! Well, yesterday I finally started hanging up my art. I looked around and realized that the majority of it was from China. I should mention that I haven't bought any of it. It's all been gifts from others. I do have some African masks that I also hung, but I think I need to stretch beyond China and Hong Kong. I hope to someday adopt a son from Vietnam so I should try to find things from there. Any suggestions? I also want to add some Guatemalan stuff since my adopted niece, Rosa, is from there. I know I made a distinction about her being my adopted niece, but that is because she has adopted me. Her mom and I are not related, but I see her far more often and am more involved in her life than her other aunt and uncle. I'm open to any ideas.

No comments: