Wednesday, September 12, 2007

7 Month LID


It has been exactly 7 months since China officially registered my dossier and put me in line for my daughter. Seven months. When I first began this journey I was told that the wait time for a child was 12-14 months. So, if things had continued the way they were supposed to, I would be half way through my wait, but I am not. That's fine actually since I don't have a job. I do wonder how long it will take before I get the call.

1. There are seven days in the week and we use this abbreviation (24/7) waaaaaay too much.
2. There is a theory about the "magic number 7". Evidently humans can only process 7 bits of information (+2/-2) at a time. Who cares? Who studies this stuff and why?
3. Phone numbers consist of 7 digits if you don't include the area code.
4. Bond. James Bond. Need I say more? (ok, for those of you heathens that don't watch movies, James Bond was known as Agent 007)
5. There are 7 Harry Potter books and I own a copy of each.
6. 7 is the atomic number for nitrogen.
7. The proposed name for George's first born child on Seinfeld. Evidently this sounded attractive to some parents because musicians Andre 3000 and Erykah Badu named their child Seven.

Wow, once you start looking, 7 can be found anywhere.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

CONGRATULATIONS! We're that much closer to our girls, even if it doesn't feel like we've made much progress!
K