Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A Change Will Do You Good

I never would have left Select on my own. I had finally obtained a raise and even though I was bored and getting very frustrated, I had saved up 2 months of maternity leave and wasn't about to walk away from that! I am very grateful for the new job though. It has benefits that Select didn't have: no more traveling every day, cheaper insurance and discounts on all hospital products, flex scheduling, and on site day care for a reduced rate. How great is that? According to the other analysts the job will keep me busy and since it takes several years to actually feel competent, I should stave off the 4 year itch for a while. I think this is going to be a really great thing.

I am back to baking up a storm. I just can't help myself. I was up until 2 am baking pumpkin bread (so yummy...I had some for breakfast), apple butter (which I put on the yummy pumpkin bread) and a sour dough bread starter. My stove and oven will be glad when I return to work. The poor things are really getting a work out.

Speaking of working out, I have been working out like a fiend. I lifted weights for quite a while last night at the gym and at 5 AM I woke up with incredible pain anytime I moved my right shoulder. It didn't feel muscular, but it did feel better after some naprosyn. Yowza, that hurt. My legs are finally recovered from the fire tower.
Michael took me there on Saturday, but I gotta tell you, the older I get the more I dislike heights. My leg muscles actually froze up while I was on the 6 flight of stairs. I would say it's a combination of being out of shape and attempting to hold my breath out of fear. It was gorgeous though. I watched the sun set over the entire valley....it's perfectly quiet up there and I didn't even notice the sounds of birds (probably because we were up further than the birds!). Hopefully going up there repeatedly will help with my fear of heights. Regardless, in the words of Goldmember my body is getting toight, toight like a tiger, toight like Austin Power's fajah. If you don't get the reference check out Austin Powers III.

1 comment:

Denise said...

So sorry I missed you Sunday, but I heard the news! Congratulations!

Oh, and just let me know when you need someone to help clean up some of those pesky baking leftovers. :)