Monday, September 17, 2007

....and the beat goes on--I have a job!!!


Ok, my apologizes to those who check in everyday. Normally I'm quite good about regular updates, especially when I have exciting news. However, there were a few people that I wanted to tell in person (as opposed to them reading it on here and ruining my surprise--and yes, Suzi, I mean you!).

On Friday afternoon I received a phone around 1:30 from the HR department telling me they were very interested in me for the analyst position in the clinical informatics department. She said they had a few more things to do before they could offically offer the job to me. Well, less than an hour later she called again and offered me the job!!! yeah!!!!! Evidently Kurt checks his e-mail even more obsessively than I check mine and he CALLED HR to give them an employment reference for me. What a great guy!

I'm very excited. I went in for my employment physical today. It's a little different than the last time I worked there. This time it was height/weight (yikes), vital signs, urine specimen (for drug screening) and a blood test. It seems I forgot to get a titer after the last Hep B booster I received. They are also testing to see if I have a latex allergy since I am apparently allergic to everything else. They should have the results before I start work. Speaking of which, my first day is October 1st. I have orientation for 1-2 days and then I start at my new job. It's been so long since I started a new job---it's very exciting!

I guess my baking and home improvement projects are coming to a close. I'm sad about that because I have really enjoyed my home time, but it will also be good to have a steady paycheck! Unfortunately I will go 25 days without any pay so things are going to be a bit tiiiigggghhhhtt budget wise.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Yea! Congrats on the job!!!!! Kristen

Angie said...

YEEHA! Congrats! Another answer to prayer!
Angie

Anonymous said...

Erica,
I hope I didn't ruin the surprise by posting my good wishes on your earlier entry. I am delighted that you waited and got the job that you wanted. You will be a huge success and BH is lucky to have you!! All the best in your new venture!
Terri