Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Autumn Moon Festival--part II



Last night I attended our local FCC's Autumn Moon Festival. The turn out was a bit less than I expected, but a very big storm hit minutes before we were to meet and knocked out power and knocked down a number of tree limbs and trees. Even in my own neighborhood the road was closed last night...I think something to do with power lines.

I had such a great time with the girls! I have included two photos. In the one photo we have the girls gathered somewhat (can you just picture their Red Couch moment in Guangzhou). After eating a wonderful meal and playing and running and screeching, we corralled them into a circle to give them their lanterns. In the other photos is little Laynie. Although she is quite tall, she is only 2 years old. Last year at the Moon Fest, her parents had just received her referral. It's amazing to see how much she has changed! Laynie and I had a great time painting together, although neither one of us made it out of there without paint on us!

Updates
My two favorite moments were with Laynie and Li Mei (tall girl with long hair on right side of bottom photo). When I was helping Laynie with her painting I don't think she was paying attention to WHO was helping, but at one point she looked up and smiled that crazy grin of hers and said "hi!". I don't know why, but it just melted my heart. Although Li Mei is nearly 5 she is still light as a feather and loves to wrap her legs around my waist and be carried around. At one point she looks at me and asked, "How are your teeth so clean?" I laughed after that one, but inside I was thinking, "I guess those white strips really do work".

1 comment:

kitchu said...

LOVE that grin in the first photo! Glad you guys had fun! And thanks for stopping by my blog!