Tuesday, September 11, 2007

New Features


I have added a new feature to my blog that can be found in the upper right of the page. I will try to include various stories about China that find their way to me. I will try to find stories that are uplifting, but also some that highlight the issues that have created unwanted female children in China or the results of the one child (read, one son) laws. It is sad, but it is true.

I have also renamed my blog. When I first began I didn't have a clue what I was doing or what I was going to use this blog for. Initially I thought it would become a place to keep my friends and family updated on the adoption process so that I wasn't having to repeat myself constantly. I was starting to feel like a Chatty Cathy doll...pull my string and the exact same words came out of my mouth. Well, this blog has evolved into a journal of sorts for me. I realize that I probably share way too much with folks, but maybe that is ok. So, I changed the name from "MayLing" to "The Mad Musings of MayLing's Mama". I don't mean mad as in grrrh, I'm so angry. No, mad in this sense is for crazy, demented, frenzied, whatever you want to put in there. Oh, heck, I used the word because I liked the alliteration of all the mama sounds.

Well, I have, for the most part, enjoyed my summer vacation. I have reverted to childhood when I would get out of bed and basically put on one of two of the same outfits I would wear all summer long. By the end of the summer they would both be tattered and threadbare. Well, today I pulled on my shorts and tank (just as I did yesterday and the day before) and went outside to find the newspaper. HOLY CRAP, who turned on the air conditioning?!? It's cold out there! We were from unbearable 95 a week ago to 62 as of 11:30 AM today. Wow.

I mowed my grass last night for the first time since I lost my job in July. We finally received some rain--two rain showers on Friday and another two on Saturday. As I mowed last night I couldn't help but think, is my job drought over? I am still submitting applications and I have had one offer (please see Friday's blog for more information). I am still hoping and praying that the job I really want is offered. I have an insider checking for me today. Somehow I feel that this is going to get played out until the very last possible moment.

As I looked at my yard yesterday I couldn't help but think that my neighbors might finally be jealous of my yard. Not because of all the landscaping or trees and plants I have planted. I think it is because they all had nice lush green grass that turned to brown dust weeks ago, while my mostly weeded yard is still nice and green. Yep, sometimes it's not the grass that is greener on the other side.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Love the alliteration of you new blog title! k