Monday, December 3, 2007

Wow, my first nasty comment, I am honored

it's true I had my first drive-by anonymous insult comment.  Evidently this is a person that doesn't actually know me or they would have known that my intentions were not meant to be cruel, I can promise you.  However as a nurse, the heaviness of death is somewhat removed from me.  That isn't to say that I take it lightly, but death is something I see every day. Besides, you missed the actual joke. David's death wasn't the joke, nor was it meant to be.  The fact that our newspaper considers this front page material was the joke.  I actually cut away the rest of the article which goes into detail about his mental disability because I felt it was an inappropriate thing to report.  When someone of average mental capacity dies we don't report "man of average mental capacity found dead". 

To the anonymous commenter who doesn't know me, please feel free to  delete my blog from your bookmarks since you find it so offensive, it won't bother me in the least.  This blog is my blog and the address was given out to only my family and close friends.  How you happened on to it is beyond me.

The other day as I was talking to my friend and primary movie buddy I made the comment that David got to go out of this world the way I would have chosen...with a smile on my face doing what I enjoy most!  He was far luckier than most. 

2 comments:

Mama Melissa said...

You've been TAGGED. Check out my blog for directions. :)

Nothing nasty here.

Peace.

Anonymous said...

I just read the comment re: the man dying at the movies. I don't know how anyone who reads your blog could misunderstand your motive for writing that. As your MOTHER, that made me mad that someone was critical of you. Look out 'anonymous', I don't like people who attack my kids.