Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The misspellings of the previous post should have indicated to you just how tired I was. I'm glad that's over. It was boring for the greater part of the night, but by 5 am it started getting busy and by 6 am I was really hopping and my phone kept going off non-stop. The War Room (yeah, that's what we called the command center) was really busy and really noisy. I had the help desk on the phone constantly running reports for me. When someone at 7:30 finally asked if they could have my phone, it was all I could do to not throw it at them and say "you touched it last! It's yours now." I got home by 7:50 and was asleep by 8:15 am. Ahhhh. My bed is the comfiest place on earth. I woke up the first time around 12:45 and managed to sleep another hour before waking up. Night shift is hard. It's been over 8 years since I worked nights and I had to live, breathe, and sleep a grave-yard shift. Now, I am expected to return to work in the morning. I think I'll be dragging in a little bit late...

No comments: