Monday, December 10, 2007

Pulling an all nighter

When have I ever had a difficult time staying up late?  Well, apparently tonight.  For the last two weeks I've had trouble going to bed at night, and now, when I need to stay up late, I can't.  I even took a 2 hour nap this afternoon and I'm still dragging.  For those that might be wondering why I would do this to myself, I have to work tomorrow night from 8 pm to 8 am Tuesday.  I actually volunteered because I figured it would be the easy shift and I can hang out with my good buddies and joke and snack all night.  Plus, there is the night shift differential and that always counts for something.  I don't think we will have much to do after we tell the users to log off at midnight and 2 am.  They go to the back up system which is paper.  As an applications analyst, there really isn't anything for me to do at that point. 

The only truly sucky thing about this is that I have to go in from noon to 4 pm tomorrow for meetings.  I guess it is good or I wouldn't get all my hours, but I am so worried about falling asleep on my shift.  Would that be such a bad thing?  It's not as if any lives, or any computers are at stake, but this facility is such an old school, conservative group that it would be a bad idea, I'm sure.  Say a prayer that I make it through tomorrow night and that I am able to revert back to a day schedule!  The last time I did this (can anyone say Hong Kong?) I was messed up for weeks, and it's not the jet lag that does it to me.  It's staying up too late and getting my cycle confused.  Well, I guess that sort of is jet lag. 

No comments: