Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Ok, I think I'm going to opt for some bullet points...

  • I had a good day in class today and I am officially a builder now. I know that really doesn't matter much to any of you at all, but it's good to know my skills set has finally increased. Not only that, I didn't struggle through the class near as much as the last time. It is probably a bad sign, though, that we covered half the book the first day of class and we still have 3 more days. Hmmm?
  • I made a new friend today. I was at Babys R Us picking out some clothes for my niece (Sarah, don't read any further if you don't want to know what I got Saige) and while I was on the phone talking to Kris about all the cute clothes at the store, the woman in front of me overheard a bit of the conversation and I learned she is also adopting from China! Wow, what a small world. She has been waiting for 22 months so I certainly hope things speed up so that it doesn't go past 2 years for her. Ok, that's totally being optomistic, but I'm feeling perky tonight.
  • I finally got my laptop to work last night...yay! Of course, it took until nearly 1 am for that to happen.
  • I'm sitting here feeling tired and not knowing why...duh, it's almost midnight my time.
  • The weather here is awesome! It was about 70 degrees, bright and sunny. It's terribly dry though and it didn't help that I came here with chapped skin. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to un-chap my skin? My poor legs are cracked and painful.
  • Ok, Sarah, if you are still reading I can only assume that you want to know what I bought Saige. Tough. I'm not going to tell you. You will have to wait until Christmas like everyone else.

Everything truly is bigger in Texas...just ask my expanding Buddha Belly.

No comments: