Saturday, October 6, 2007

Wow, getting up early is exhausting!

I've had it nice the last two months...I've gone to bed late and gotten up later. Since parking is such a huge problem, I have to get up early and get to work early so that I can find a spot. I do ok until about 1-2 pm. After that, I'm toast.

Work is going well. I don't yet have access to a lot of the programs I need access to (long story), but I've been told I will get it. It wasn't really a problem until yesterday when I ended up taking over my classroom for nurse competencies. The nurses were given a scenario (patient fall) and instructed to do an assessment, documentation, orders and physician consult within two of our programs. Well, I've never even SEEN the inside of these programs before and suddenly I'm trying to answer questions about them. When one nurse said she was having trouble printing her assessment I said,"Why don't you take me through the steps that you remember." Fortunately when we walked through it together it brought it back so she could do it herself. I'm signed up for 4 more competencies (8a-2pm) so I hope I have access by the time I do the next one. I already have so many meetings and appointments to go to that I have had to start writing them down.

I have my first training seminar set up in Dallas. I have never been to Dallas so I'm pretty psyched. I'll be traveling down with another co-worker, but we will be in different training seminars so I won't see much of her.

I was told to personalize my office any way I wanted so I am shopping for paint. I want something bright and am leaning towards red (yes, red) and a bright green. My office mate and I both agree that bright is the way to go. The pastels would be too sedating for both of us and according to my office mate "Purple makes you crazy." We are going to go with a retro theme of some sort. So, if anyone out there reading this has a small fridge (like a dorm fridge) that you'd like to get rid of, please leave a comment. Or, if you have anything else you'd like to pawn off on us, please let me know.

I'm tired. I took a 2 hour nap this afternoon. I forgot how much working takes it out of me. I'm sure the early hours aren't helping much. I'll try to update again soon.

PS--I got MayLing waitlisted for the daycare. Yeah!!!! I have been dreading this for so long, but it was an easy decision once I got hired here.

No comments: