Saturday, October 20, 2007

A conversation with a 2 year-old

I spent the afternoon with my family. My parents and sister worked on cleaning up their house that was trashed by the tenants they evicted, while I kept my niece entertained. This is a snippet of conversation while my niece and I ate dinner together.

Saige: You douche?

Me: That's a bit personal, but no I don't douche.

(at this point my sister overhears the conversation and yells at me for "teaching" her a new word).

Sarah: Saige, we don't say that word. That's a grown up word.

Saige: DOUCHE, DOUCHE, DOUCHE!

(Saige yells louder and louder while Sarah gives me a withering look)

I take a swig of my my Diet Coke, Saige looks at it and yells once again, "DOUCHE". I could litterally see the light bulb going off inside Sarah's head when she realizes Saige was yelling for JUICE. Yep, I spent the next 5 minutes working with the kiddo on her "J" sounds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

em, you are so funny. Im catching up on ready your blogs and laughing my head off. THanks for the laughs.
mom