Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Slutty toes

Well, the help desk must have figured out why I couldn't connect to the Internet finally, because on my last night here, my computer finally works. Go figure.

Class has been good, but frustrating. This program is not intuitive and is nothing like the Microsoft based programs that I am used to. This program is basically our hospitals version of Microsoft for medical based charting. Although it has many great benefits, I finally understand why the nurses complain about it so much. I am so glad to be done with it for a while...only 4 more to go!

I have slutty toes. After class let out I met up with Ricci and some of the other classmates (interestingly, Kristen, they were all from WI and one was even from Racine) for pedicures. These weren't just pedicures, they were hour long spa treatment pedicures complete with massage and hot paraffin treatment. I decided since I was sort of on vacation, I wanted something racier and I asked the pedicure lady to give me toes that looked like hers. I can't load photos on this computer, but once I get home I will show you what they look like. Let me just tease you with this...I have rhinestones.

My flight leaves in the morning and I have booked a shuttle. I don't ever plan on taking another taxi in this town! Our taxi ride has been the talk of the hotel and both Ricci's and my class.

I can't wait to get home and NOT eat. Seriously, I'm so stuffed I want to puke. Tonight it was Mexican food...and I ate a lot of it. Uggh.

You know what else I am enjoying? Cable TV. Yep, I've been cruising the channels until the wee hours (probably another reason the computer stuff isn't soaking in) and I am loving it! Oh, and I watched my first music video in a very long time.

Say a prayer for a good flight tomorrow. I've heard the weather is supposed to be rocky from northern Texas all across Illinois and Indiana.

No comments: