Sunday, October 21, 2007

Random Thoughts....

There is a reason this blog is called Mad Musings because I have random thoughts that I need to express. There is no link between them; they are just thinks that I ponder on occasionally and sometimes long enough to write them down.

  • I've started a Christmas list already. So far it is short, but expensive. I need luggage. I have the old hard sided luggage circa 1991 and it is just too darn heavy to lug around. My carry-on is a soft side, but ridiculously large. It doesn't fit most airlines regulation carry-on size (but I still carry it on--it still fits in an overhead bin). Second item...an iPod. It would be very handy at the gym. Right now I use my Palm Zire, but I can't fit as many songs on that memory card. Michael lent me his iPod so I can trial it to see if I really want it. I know people read this blog, so if anyone has some pros and cons they want to share, I'd LOVE to hear from you.
  • I love the Texisms I heard in, you guessed it, Texas. My favorite phrase was "all ya'll" and I have been working it into every conversation I can since coming back home. I really didn't pick up a Texas accent (there were too many accents), but one of my dinner companions was from Atlanta and sounded a lot like the Sugarbaker Sisters, so I picked his up pretty quick.
  • I have developed my very own Buddha Belly. And if you try to rub it, I will slap you senseless. It's bad. After every meal in Texas I would eventually push myself away from the trough, rub my belly, and groan. Rubbing it didn't make me lucky, obviously. Just check the previous 3 posts.
  • I always hope that time stands still when I leave town. I always have this very strange sense of loss when I return home to find out that I missed so much when I was away. Evidently B-town had its very own sniper incident. No kidding. The schools were on lock-down, the apartment complex with sniper was on lock-down and all the surround bussinesses were locked down. Evidently it was a LAW student that went nutty and used his AK-47 to shoot up his textbooks. Who owns an AK-47???
  • I missed the changing of the leaves. Well, not completely, but enough to be saddened by it. When I was driving around on Friday morning I realized that a lot of the trees are now red-tipped and gorgeous. I spent all afternoon Friday mowming, mulching, weeding and winterizing my yard. My aching back....
  • Evidently I have a fabtabulous new hairdo. I went to the salon yesterday and got a good eyebrow waxing (wow, Jessica waxed and plucked for a very long time---evidently I'm sprouting evergreens). I also got a hair cut. My hair is naturally wavy/curly, but she cut it to a chin length bob and flat ironed it. Personally, I wasn't too impressed with it, but my family loved it. Of course since they love me their opinion doesn't really count because they HAVE to tell me they like it. I knew it must be fab when so many at church told me it was great today (after having slept on it). Not just my girlfriends...even married men. Not only that, some of them were married men in their 40s and 50s. So, the 'do is cool with the 'rents, the seniors (did you know you get a senior citizens discount at Kerasotes Theatre at age 55? That is way too young to be a senior) and the young peeps. Good to know. Plus, it makes all my naturally red highlights (from the sun, naturally) look storebought. Is that supposed to be a good thing?

No comments: