Monday, October 22, 2007

More Randomness....

I don't feel good. I started feeling "funny" last night, and after a restless night I woke up with a sore throat, burning sinuses, and fiery lungs. It feels like I am on step 2 of the bronchitis/sinusitis invasion. It starts with fatigue (dog tired last few days) and feeling hot and cold. Next step is draining sinuses, sore throat and an overall feeling of grossness. Step 3 is when the sore throat clears, but I start hacking up lung tissue. It usually only takes a few days to get to step 3, but I'll keep you updated. So, if I seem a bit whiney, I am. I don't feel good.

Ok, this is a bit gross so if any of you are disturbed by juvenile humor please skip to the next paragraph. Last week I was in Dallas for training on our computer applications. The people are so polite and rather proper there. While in the bathroom last week there was only one other woman in there in a stall at the end. She let a fat one rip and then very politiely cleared her throat. I'm not sure why it struck me as so funny, but I couldn't figure out if she was trying to pass the eruption off as a belch or if she gagged herself in the process. Whatever the reason, each time I think of it I can't help but laugh.

Met with my boss this morning and learned a little bit more about my job responisibilities. We are in the process of trying to go live with an upgrade, but because we are required to upgrade 2 other pieces in order to get this one piece up, the GO LIVE will miss the November deadline and likely be waitlisted for the first of the year. I am supposed to have 4-5 classes in Dallas, but because the material will change with the upgrade they want to hold off on the last 2-3 classes until we know this will all go through. Soooo, I won't be able to begin building (the cornerstone of the analysts job) until all my classes are complete. She asked if I would be interested in teaching and working with the informaticists until then. Yay! I share an office with an informaticist and I am surrounded by informaticists and educators right now so this will be great! I was worried when I took this job that I wouldn't be teaching anymore so I am glad to see that I am.

She said she had gotten good feedback from everyone and that the people on my floor have asked that I not be moved upstairs with the other analysts. She thought I was going to be a good fit here and wanted to make sure that I enjoyed the work. She said it was the first time they had hired from outside the company so they weren't initially sure how well it would work out. She said Kathy had been advocating on my behalf during the interview process, but she couldn't make a decision until everyone had had a chance to meet me and voice their opinion. I really need to get something for Kathy to thank her for all that she has done. What do you get someone that was influential in getting you a job? I really have no idea. It's almost as bad as when we have to take little gifts to China when we meet the nannies, orphanage director and government officials. How does a trinket really convey what a huge thing they have done for you? Somehow perfume or chocolate doesn't seem to be enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

em,
I love the juvenile humor. THere is somthing about women getting old and farting when they pee. I don't know what that's about but I've caught it too.
I'm not signing who this is from.