Monday, March 3, 2008

The Year of Me

I have already sat through the Year of the Dog, the Year of the Pig and now the Year of the Rat and I've decided one thing: this year is the Year of Me.  I have waited a year for a referral and in that year I squirreled away every penny I had for this adoption.  If I did buy anything, I bought can't-live-without-it baby items.  No more.  This year I am going to buy things for me because it may be one of the last years I get to do this.  So, in honor of this esteemed new holiday I will post a photo of something that I gotta have each week.  Just because I gotta have it, doesn't mean I do, but it will certainly be going on my list!  This doesn't mean I won't buy anything baby related...certainly not!  There are some baby things that an adoptive parent has to buy to just make it through the week.  So the first item on my gotta have it list is:

The Ex-Unique Knife Holder

And in keeping with Chinese Zodiac renaming, next year will not be the Year of the Ox.  It will be the Year of the Turtle (credit goes to Kris for this name) and is so named because it will be between our 2nd and 3rd year of waiting and I'm sure the time will pass even slower than it does now.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm LAUGHING! ~Kristen

kitchu said...

I'm likin' your attitude, though I admit your knife holder is a little scary :)