Thursday, March 27, 2008

Hit reset

My mom is so awesome.  She read my last post and left a comment telling me to wash the chicken.  To be honest, I normally do but I was so grossed out by the texture the only thing that got washed was my hands. 

Do you ever have those moments where you feel bored and restless and kind of weird all at once?  I seem to get like this whenever I need to go somewhere or get stuff done and am procrastinating.  In this case, I am leaving tomorrow morning, once again, for another conference.  Fortunately, I will be back Sunday evening. I will be going with some colleagues from work.  Also fortunate, the people I am driving down with have become good buds of mine.  We all volunteered to work a night shift together in December and are all a bit quirky.  I guess that is why we are traveling in a separate vehicle from everyone else. 

I have been so unmotivated to do anything.  Some of it is due to having this nasty respiratory bug the last 3 weeks, being tired and all the travel I have done over the last few weeks/months.  I am just tired.  All I want to do is sit and crochet baby blankets for hours on end.  Seriously, that is how I learned to "knock" myself out when I am stressed.  My house is a disaster and strange as it may sound, it smells like bad chicken in here (I forgot to take the trash out last night).  I have clumps of cat hair all over the house, newspapers strewn across the kitchen table, dirty dishes that have sat on the counter since the weekend.  Ugh.  And I still have not completed my taxes. 

I feel like I just need to take some time off, but because I lost all my maternity leave when I lost my job last year (they cashed out my measly 3 weeks of PTO, but kept my 6 weeks of sick time) I feel like I can't afford to do so.  I would really like to have at least 6 weeks saved up for maternity leave and because this job accrues PTO so slowly, I'm afraid to take time off.  Even if I don't take another day paid day off this year I will only have 5 weeks saved.  I know that probably sounds awesome to you, but I'd like to have a cushion in the event I get sick or I seriously need a vacation. 

Anyway, that's the mess that's working through my head today.  I'm tired, my jeans suddenly feel snug and I am probably about to come face-to-face with some aggressive PMS. 

Can I just hit reset and start over next week?

No comments: