Sunday, March 9, 2008

What did you say about my feet?

To shake things up today I decided to get my groceries from the east side of town.  For whatever reason the fruit and veggies at that Marsh are the best in town. 

I'm wandering slowly through the store since I'm not very familiar and I'm smiling at all those that are patient with my moseying about.  While in the dairy section an elderly man approaches me with a smile on his face and says "it's good to see you on your feet".  This statement implies one of two things:

  1. I was ill.
  2. He has seen me flat on my back.

I haven't been sick in over a year.  And I can count on one hand the number of people that have seen me horizontal.  The only way that man didn't see me on my feet is if he slipped me a roofie (he probably knows them better as mickies).

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.old man1

1 comment:

kitchu said...

Oh man, I immediately thought of how i would have responded: "Was it good for you cuz I don't remember it"- I am SO bad :O) Poor guy probably mistook you for someone else!