Friday, March 21, 2008

I'm home!

Home, sweet home.  The taxi I arranged picked Mom up at the hotel 30 minutes early and subsequently picked me up 45 minutes early.  We got to the airport way too early and I talked Mom and the co-worker that tagged along into getting stand-by on an earlier flight.  I'll admit, this hasn't worked for me in the past, but my mother is my lucky charm.  I swear, I just need to rub her head in front of anything that is giving me trouble and voilà, it's better!  We managed to go from a 3:45 flight to a 12:55 flight (ok, everything takes off late from Dallas, but still!) and I was pulling into my driveway at 6:15 PM.  Ah, it is so good to be home!

Ok, a few bullet points about the past few days:

  • Dallas/North Texas had awesome weather.  Seriously, it was 75*, sunny, and beautiful when we left today.
  • Lewisville/Dallas is boring as hell.  I am sorry to say this because I know I have at least one Lewisville reader (I'm so sorry!).  I think that I have become so spoiled living in B-town.  I have art, culture, live music and shows nearly every night of the week and the town doesn't sleep.  It's a college town with a vibrant community of people with varied interests.  
  • The people in Lewisville/Dallas are awesome!  They are the friendliest group of people I have ever met.  Even my mom had to say she was impressed with everyone at the hotel.  It really is like staying with family.  People just treat you like you have always been there.  It's awesome.  If you ever need a hotel suggestion for the area, just let me know.
  • Married men suck.  Seriously, what the heck?  If it only happens once, I can shake it off as a fluke.  But several times...creepy.  Trust me, there is nothing about me that says "I like married men".   I refuse to even chat online with married men, regardless of what they want to chat about.  In the last class, we had a total of 8 students.  This time the class size dropped to 4.  The last time I was there the married man asked me out for dinner several times (I refused of course) and I only conceded and went to a movie when another student agreed to go as well.  Every single night this week, he asked me out to dinner.  Alone.  He insisted on eating lunch with me everyday, would seek me out during breaks.  And the kicker...he drove me crazy!  He was constantly bossing me around in class, which those that know me can probably guess how well that went over.  Today, I'd had enough.  I got so irritated with him that I told him if he persisted, I would throw something at him.  He persisted, and true to my word, I winged a pen at his head.  He's lucky...I really wanted to throw the stapler. 
  • I have Monday off from work because I will be working all next weekend.  Fortunately, I will be traveling with some good buds from work--it should be fun.
  • I learned that I am being moved at work.  I LOVE the people on the third floor that I work with, but evidently, they feel that I should be with the other analysts/builders on the fourth floor.  I agreed to it as long as I moved in an office with another experienced builder.  Uh, evidently they missed that part.  I'm moving into an office.  By myself.  Sucks.  At least Dad brought me a lot of candy to give away to my new floormates (Dad works for a big name candy company and gets the read good goodies before they are released on the market--I love having connections). 
  • I have a sinus infection and bronchitis.  It's gross.  My breath smells like snot. 
  • I'm so glad to be home. 

No comments: