Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I heart home

I am so missing home right now. I love spending time with my mom and we have enjoyed several fun-filled trips in the past, but the one thing missing here....fun. No offense to the locals, but this town is boring as hell. The only thing to do is eat or drink and that is per the locals. Everything closes at five, which coincidentally, is when I finish my training for the day. I haven't turned my own TV on in over 3 weeks and yet here we are every evening after dinner, me on the laptop and mom working on her sudoku puzzles and watching TV.

Am I getting smarter? I have no idea. Last time I was here I thought my brains were leaking out of my head. This time my head doesn't hurt, but that may be from all the cough medicine I've been taking. I know I've been rather sassy in class which may or may not be an issue come Friday at test time.

The weather today was awesome...which is good because yesterday really sucked. Evidently there were tornadoes at the airport while we were in class. They cancelled all of the flights from yesterday late morning through this morning. Hopefully they will be caught up by the time we leave on Friday.

I'm hoping mom doesn't get us killed. This town is not pedestrian friendly--oh how I miss B-town! I love that they have handicap accessible crosswalks--but no walk light for pedestrians. So we are having to dart across 6+ lanes of traffic. I guess it's one way to get the adrenaline flowing.

No comments: