Friday, March 14, 2008

Feeling kind of weird

I don't know how to describe it better.  I feel restless, but tired.  I haven't slept well since the go-live project 3 weeks ago when my sleep schedule got all messed up.  I have gone off caffeine, but barely.  I go to bed at night and just lay there with my eyes closed.  The time ticks slowly by while I wait to fall asleep.  The sad thing is that I begin fantasizing about bedtime as soon as I get up in the morning. 

I've come down with a sinus/bronchitis ick most likely related to the soon-to-bloom Spring allergy season.  I don't know...I'm just out of sorts.  It's like I am waiting for something and nothing is happening, but nothing is filling that place.  I haven't turned on the TV for weeks.  Actually, that's not entirely true.  I turned it on Tuesday or Wednesday for a few minutes but I quickly got bored.  I've even been watching online TV programs.  Who knows what is going on...I'll just be glad when April 1st comes and life will settle down a bit for me.

Ok, time for some news bits.

  • Treffly Coyne, the woman who was arrested in December for leaving her sleeping 2 year-old in a running, locked car while she walked her other kids to a Salvation Army kettle, had her charges dropped.  I know parents tend to split on this issue, but c'mon...I don't think she did anything to put her daughter in harm's way.  The car was locked and easily in her eyesight (since she illegally parked in the yellow in front of the store--give her a ticket for that).  Someday I hope to have two kids, but it makes me nervous thinking that my neighbors might call the cops on me for leaving one in the car while getting the other one in the house.  Good grief.
  • MEXICO CITY - When Manuel Uribe went out on a date, he made all the necessary arrangements: a forklift to carry him out of the house and a flatbed tow truck big enough to haul the formerly half-ton man and his bed to a party. Ok, I'd like to know how an 800# man has a girlfriend and I haven't had a date in a year.  Hmmm?
  • TULSA, Okla. - Two fortune cookies helped Tulsa police make an arrest after a pair of break-ins at Chinese restaurants.  You know, I'd really like to know what their fortunes were.  "Be quick or lose your treasure"?
  • Prostitution Advances in a Wired World.  I've been looking at ways that I can work from home once the kiddo arrives.  Maybe I can be a high paid digital madam?  I don't actually have to do any of the hard stuff, but I can book the appointments.  If you missed the funny in that sentence, you ain't too bright, peeps. 

No comments: