Thursday, November 1, 2007

Guess what Mama's Getting for her 9 month LID?

Nine months. That's pretty significant. It's the last of the single digit numbers that I know. It is also the average length of time that a woman is pregnant. So what am I don't to mark this momentous occasion?
I'm getting a HIGH SPEED CABLE MODEM. That's right folks, I'm gettin' modern. For fear of sounding like a hillbilly, let me explain that I did have DSL until I moved into this house a year ago. I'm actually closer to work (which is in the middle of the town), but I'm not city limits. And since all my neighbors are old and no one else is squeaking about wanting DSL from AT&T, they have no reason to update the phone lines. It really irritates me because people to the north, south, east and west of us have DSL. Darn old people...they don't even own computers. I really need to have something fast because my work laptop requires a secure remote access when used off site and it takes FOREVER to load when hooked to a dial-up phone line.

More LID news...I learned that I will be in Dallas when I celebrate my 12 month LID. I'm pretty bummed about that. I really wanted to have a small party at home, celebrate Chinese New Year (not sure exactly when it falls next year, but it fell close to my LID this year), and reflect on the year behind and the year(s) coming up. Now I will be stuck in Dallas with strangers. I will also miss Valentine's Day and as my sister so gracefully pointed out, "So what? Do you think you are going to be dating anyone then?" Well, no, but I like to spend that time with my friends or soaking in the tub with a box of chocolates sitting near by. I guess I can still do the latter in Dallas.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Lunar New Year = Feb. 7th, the day before my 1 Year LID. Had to check the date after I read your post. K