Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Oy!

My ass is whipped...hehe...I almost made a funny. I'm so tired I couldn't remember how to spell it so I wrote wiped. It is whipped and wiped, but that gives you a whole different visual now doesn't it?

I'm a total addict, seriously. The cable guys came out last night to fix the modem because I had intermittent phone and internet service. By intermittent I mean, I went to bed Monday with no phone service...thank God I'm young and MayLing isn't home. I guess it's not really an emergency when you can go next door and use a neighbor's phone. What is it about our society that makes us feel helpless when we can't pick up the phone and have instant help? I would guess that most countries don't have instant help.

Anyway, back on topic. The repair people came out without calling me first so I was sitting here in my lovely "monkey" pajama bottoms looking oh so fabulous. And they were cute! Oh, well. I think I have given up on cute boys entering my life anytime in the forseeable future. They fixed the cable/internet right up and I processed to link in and mentally check out. Really, I'm a total YouTube fan. In fact, just writing the word makes me want to open the page STAT and see what groovy things are out there. Kris and I were emailing videos of our favorite boys last night well past my bedtime. Even when I tried to pull myself away, I couldn't. I have already talked to our IS people at work and asked about a 12 step program. They are working on it. Evidently I'm not alone. This happens to a lot of nerds that I suddenly get 'teched up'.

What else is new you ask? I had the sloooowwweeesssttt day ever at work. Really, no joke. the entire department was gone. They were all scoping out some new equipment at another site and I was left to my lonesome. I hope they don't check how much internet time I logged today because let me tell you, it would be huge! It was all I could do to not blog a post from my office desk today. Yowza. It was bad and to make it worse....the one colleague that I find somewhat disagreeable calls me at 4:30 pm as I am about to teach my final inservice of the day and says, "Did you do the screenshots yet?" Huh? First I had heard of it. I had volunteered a week ago to help her when she was ready to go live. I am currently the liaison between the analysts and informaticists (educators) and the key words in previous sentence were week, help, and ready. She hadn't breathed a word of it to me since then and I guess she is going live tomorrow. Wow, the end users are going to LOVE that. I didn't feel like pointing out to her that she had gone about it back assward. You are supposed to educate and then go live. Evidently she thought I had developed all the material and was ready to begin teaching the staff. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if she thought that the inservice I was giving today was about her stuff. She asked if I was going to make all the cool graphics with circles and arrows. What the heck? She was being rather condescending when I said that I hadn't done that before. I told her if she could get me started I could probably figure the rest out. She tells me "I HAVEN'T HAD THE CLASS, I CAN'T HELP YOU." WHAT? She better reign her nasty self back in before I complain to the boss. I'm not the kind that likes to do that but she is already in hot water. The whole thing annoyed me. If she had at least hinted about this, I could have spent my useless day doing it. Trust me, I would have been happy to do it in between all my inservices. Grrhhh.

No comments: