Sunday, November 18, 2007

Neighborly Love

I love to blog about my neighbors.  They are a constant source of joy for me.  Several of my neighbors are now attending the same church as me.  Today, Spencer, the guy with 3 little red-headed boys (neither he nor his wife are red heads--how bizarre!) asked how things were going at my house.  He asked if I needed any help with the leaves--I have to admit to feeling a bit guilty since he can plainly see my yard from his front yard and the site of my leaf strewn yard is probably an eyesore.  I told him the leaves were ok (note to self, buy a leaf rake already!), but that I had no way of cleaning my front gutters.  The rear gutters should be replaced sometime in the next week or two, but the front ones are probably pretty messy.  He said that was fine, that it wouldn't take him any time at all.  He said he'd come over tomorrow while I was at work and clean them out.  God bless him!  I have such a hard time accepting charity from others, short of baby sitting his kids, any suggestions on how to pay him back? 

1 comment:

Angie said...

Cookies! My neighbor when I loved in Indiana always mowed my yard when he mowed his. Granted it was totally flat and quite small, but I was so thankful for his kindness. Every week or 2 I would make him cookies or a pan of rice krispy treats and pour melted milk chocolate over top of them. Maybe he hated them, but he always said he loved them! And I know he had a sweet tooth! And I felt better doing a little something for him! I am glad you have good neighbors!