Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Mayhem at Mama's House

I volunteered to have Thanksgiving at my house this year.  Truth be told, I begged for it to be at my house because, as a nurse, I have never gotten more than one day off from work.  As such, I don't like spending the entire day traveling just so I can eat a dried out dead bird.  Although turkey is the traditional meat served, I'd much rather have a ham.  I love ham.  Actually I enjoy most parts of a dead pig and would prefer to eat that over dead bird any day.

Ok, that got off topic.  I must admit that I almost attempted to escape the screaming toddler (cute, but nerve wracking when your house occupancy goes from 1 to 7 in the matter of a few minutes), laughing, heat, bubbling potatoes, splattering noodles, and smell of whiskey.  I'm sure my other single sisters would agree, you get used to solitude and having company definitely rocks your world.  I'm not knocking it, just saying it took me some time to adjust.

It was an awesome day.  The food was awesome and everyone agreed it was the best Thanksgiving Day/Food.  There is talk of repeating it here again next year which would also be wonderful.  I think I will try to beat everyone else to the liquor next year though.  

No comments: