Thursday, November 29, 2007

Is it Friday yet?

I hadn't realized it had been a few days since I last updated.  My apologies to the 4 people that read on a regular basis. 

Those that know me well, know that I love my morning newspaper.  No kidding.  I've been reading it since I was about 8.  I prefer my local paper (I even had the B-town Herald delivered to me when I lived in another town over 70 miles away) because I like to know what it going on in my town, my state, my country, my world.  After having read today's world section I just want to say I am so glad I am an American.  We really don't notice the liberties that we enjoy EVERY SINGLE DAY that many people around the world do not even know of.  While I am a Christian, I am glad that our country strives to keep church and state very separate of each other.  In Sudan, a British teacher named Gillian Gibbons has been arrested and is facing 40 lashes, 6 months in prison, and a fine.  Her crime, you ask?  She allowed her students to name the classroom stuffed bear Muhammad.  Even though the name Muhammad is quite popular across the region it is sacrilegious to give the name to an animal, even a fake one.  WOW. 

Also in the paper today...Venus has frequent bursts of lightning.  Who freakin' cares?  Do we plan on living there someday?  No.  Do they have oil?  No.  Case closed. 

Why am I perusing the newspaper for bloggy bits?  Well, there really isn't much to say about the China adoption process.  I am in the midst of doing a home study update.  While I am not required to do everything that I did last year, I was amazed that there were some additions.  My dossier required that I assign a guardian for my someday baby and my sister gladly signed.  This year the SW agency is requiring it as well.  Whatever.  Sarah was gracious enough to sign it again. 

While I still have moments of nervousness at work due to the management through the various departments (and my previous experience with them), overall, I am quite happy.  I had the realization on Tuesday evening as I was doing CI rounds throughout the hospital, I like what I am doing.  A nurse actually thanked me for trying to make charting easier.  Wow.  It's been a long time since anybody in any job has thanked me.  It feels good.  I am involved in a bazillion committees and at one such committee today I had a suggestion that really impressed them.  My suggestion (and the wording of it) is going to be plastered in every room of the hospital.  I'm not sure I will think it is so great if I'm ever the one lying in that bed, but it feels pretty cool from where I sit right now. 

I'm trying to so hard not to binge on chocolate right now.  I swear, every month it is either chocolate or salt.  This month it is chocolate and I don't have ANY in the house.  Instead, I'm bingeing on it at work.  I had bought a couple of pieces of fancy chocolate and hid them in my desk for an emergency such as this one.  After scarfing them down, I went to a colleague's office on the floor above me and helped myself to some Hershey P.B. cups (if there is anything in the world better than chocolate and peanut butter, I don't know what it is).  Then, I went up the hall to check in on another colleague and she had some Boy Scout popcorn.  It wasn't just popcorn, it was popcorn that had been dipped in caramel and then smothered in chocolate.  Mama Mia!  She was trying to give it away so I relieved her of some of her burden. 

Oh, one more good thing from work.  I alluded to some changes in my life a few weeks ago.  I couldn't go into the specifics, but some of it was concerning some changes at work.  Our hospital is considering a merger with the largest hospital system in the state.  There was concern that our IS department would be out of jobs since they use totally different applications at their hospital.  According to our CEO that spoke at our department meeting this week, we should be fine.  Whoo hoo!  Good to know.  Now back to your regular programming. 

And speaking of regular programming...the boys are on tonight!

1 comment:

Angie said...

I am still alive! I made a post tonight! :) Glad to know I was missed! Isn't it great to know we have at least one reader???
Happy day, my friend!
Angie