Monday, January 29, 2007

Snowflake the Dog

What an amazing weekend I had! What's also amazing is the way I was pulled back into reality and the humdrum pace of life. Yesterday afternoon, while I was speaking to my mom on the phone, I noticed Tom, my "neighbor" one block over and two blocks down, and his charming dog, Snowflake. I had met both last summer after I moved into my home. At the time, Tom let his dog poop in my yard while he was standing there talking to me.
Last week before I left for my whirlwind paperchase, I had noticed several piles of poop in my yard near where the paper boy throws my paper...talk about a serious yuck factor. So, back to yesterday and talking to my mom....I decided to open my door and stand in the doorway (it was 22 degrees, just so you know) when I saw Tom directing Snowflake to poop in my yard.
He turned to walk away so I yelled out, "Tom, you are going to pick up his poop, aren't you?"
Tom replied, "No, I don't have any bags." He could see that I wasn't going to budge and yelled back, "Do you have a bag?"
I handed a bag to him and he proceeded to excuse his mess, "Snowflake just couldn't wait until reaching the pit." I responded, "Tom, once is an accident, 4 times in a week is a habit. I have little kids that come over and I don't want them getting into it and I'm really tired of having to avoid it also." He shut up after that and went to collect his droppings.

When I got home tonight the snow was mostly melted...I counted 3 other deposits that he missed. Yuck.

No comments: