Monday, January 15, 2007

It doesn't really take two to tango


It really doesn't take two to tango as I proved tonight with Rhonda and Suzi. Nope, all you need is determination and the ability to laugh at yourself. I realized recently that this will be my last year as a single person. Hopefully, this time next year little MayLing will be here, but until then I am going to keep myself busy and have fun. Tonight (and the next 5 Monday nights) it will be tango. After that I'd like to try belly dancing again and who knows from there? If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. In this town we have so much available to us that it would be easy to find a new skill to learn each week.
Thank you so much for my friends who have been keeping me busy. You have no idea how grateful I am! Thanks to Suzi and Rhonda who learned to "walk" the tango with me tonight. Thanks to Michael, Tony, Fil, Denise, Sherry and everyone else who is keeping me busy with trips to Sam's Club (thanks, Tony!)., Wal-Mart, baby-sitting and parties.
Tony, Fil and I celebrated a late Christmas yesterday, but boy, was it fabulous! The boys wanted to make sure that this year was practical and introduced me to the world of Sam's Club. I have been into the store before, but since it is soooo exclusive my trips are few and far between. What a world!! I can't wait for Chennie and her family to visit from Hong Kong, I'm going to take them there for the day. I wasn't planning on buying anything, but I did pick up a new cell phone and I'm SOOOO excited. I could hardly force myself to go to bed and stop playing with it. I've loaded it with a few songs and now I can take obnoxious photos of people and email them to other people.....what a wild, wild world.
If a Sam's Club membership wasn't enough, the boys also got me bright pink flamingos for the yard. I'm not kidding. I was so excited that I danced around like a goon for a few minutes. Just imagine the tacky possibilities....I've already stuck them in the front garden next to the front door and have been cruising the Internet looking for seasonal clothes to dress them in.
I'm hoping we get some snow tonight, if so, I will take pictures of the Tom and Betty (the names of the flamingos) playing in the snow and put them on the blog.

No comments: