Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Chicago, here I come!


Well, on Monday after I didn't receive my I-171H I was understandably upset. The Indy INS office had missed their second time frame. After shooting off another e-mail to their office, I received a short reply "your I-171H was mailed today". Kristina, my coordinator, was justifiably dubious, but I was certain that this was it.
Today, I could think of nothing else but checking my mailbox at 2 PM. Two o'clock came around and I could have snuck out for a few minutes to check, but I realized that it no longer mattered. It was either there, or it wasn't, just like every other day in the last month that I have checked. I was nervous approaching the box, but there it was, right on top and looking very thick! I was worried that I was being denied, because I couldn't figure out why else it would be so thick.
Well, I should have known that it would arrive today. I had ordered a 365-Day Calendar of China and the DVD China's Lost Girls by the National Geographic and they also arrived.
So, Sherry and and I are leaving tomorrow at noon. We will be meeting Shasta in Indy at the office to get our state seals. Shasta also received her I-171H today (I have to admit to feeling a bit steamed that she was fingerprinted over 2 weeks after me and got hers back today--not mad at you, Shasta, just INS). After that we are on our way to Chicago. I booked us a nice room within a few walking blocks of the embassy and we should be done by early afternoon. Hallelujah!
I e-mailed Kristina, the best adoption coordinator ever, to let her know and to announce that we were coming down on Saturday to drop it off. This is how I know that she is the absolute best, this was her response to my e-mail: Shoot lady, I'm going to meet you on Saturday. After driving miles and miles you better believe that no drop box will be good enough. Call my cell or call me on Friday so I know when and where.
She's so awesome...if I didn't already have a baby name picked out, I would have named my daughter after her.
Ok, I should get ready for my little trip...I have to pack, re-pack, check, re-check and check again to make sure I have the right things.

Thanks to everyone who offered their support, prayers or assistance. Special thanks to Sherry who is sharing this journey with me and Laura for being public notary #1.

No comments: