Tuesday, January 9, 2007

New Year, New Stuff?


Ahhh, it's back to the daily grind....I was back at work yesterday after having 2 full weeks off. It has been over 10 years since I've had 10 consecutive working days off. There are things you forget when you don't have breaks, like, what it is like when you own your time. Every minute and every second of it. When you can get up when you like and go to bed when you want and know it will have NO reflection on how you feel tomorrow. I am still jet lagged from the return trip last week. I can't quite figure it out, but Mom is complaining of the same problem. I am dragging through the day, barely able to function, but at 9 PM I am suddenly WIRED. I am averaging 5 hrs of sleep each night and I'm not too happy about it.
I still haven't received my I-171H yet and I'm pretty bummed about it. I was SURE that it would be here already. I sent an email post out to the FTIA list-serve group and felt dismayed when I learned another family (meaning more than 1 person was fingerprinted) was fingerprinted 5 days after me and received their form within 7 days. I called and left a message with USCIS yesterday, but still haven't heard back. Initially I thought that was a good sign...perhaps it was in the mail? If I don't have it tomorrow I'm going to have serious issues and am considering calling my state reps again.
Anyway, New Year stuff...I really dislike New Year Resolutions so I don't make any. Ever. I do, however, reevaluate my life and try to refocus on those things that I feel are important for the coming year, both for me and for my place in this world. I have no idea when MayLing will arrive. If, what everyone is postulating is correct, MayLing will not arrive until June 2008. I think the new guidelines will improve the number for those of us that are just now submitting, so I do hope to have her home sooner than that. I do want to make sure that I am as healthy as possible prior to her arrival because I suspect the trip to China will be very physically and emotionally challenging. Any time I travel to a location that will require lots of walking, hiking or physical labor or any kind, I try to "train" in preparation. This will be no exception. My dossier is basically done and I have no excuses for not getting regular at the gym again. Having said that, I will hurt any of you that try to wrestle chocolate out of my hand! A couple of pieces of dark chocolate has now been proven to be healthy, so just keep for advice to yourself!
Other goals....time to get rid of clutter, clean out closets (I commandeered MayLing's closet the moment I moved into this house last year), put photo albums together, start a Life Book for MayLing and start on the nursery! I am really looking forward to working on the nursery. As soon as I have my LID, I will have a party and those that want, can help decorate.
Ahh, so much to do, I better try to get some sleep so I will have energy for all of it!

No comments: