Thursday, January 4, 2007

Hong Kong Jet Lag



Times Square, Hong Kong on December 31st. Over 400,000 people crammed into a small area. Yikes!

Open Air meat market in Kowloon, Hong Kong.

Buddha on Lantau Island. Largest in the world.








Chennie and Mom at Starbuck's the first morning of our visit.

Yep, I'm freshly returned from Hong Kong. Most of you that read this blog know that the only thing I was more excited about than adopting MayLing was going to HK for Chennie's wedding. It's amazing how quickly time passes....all that waiting and it was over in a flash. It was a beautiful trip, Chennie was a beautiful bride and I was honored to share that beautiful day with her. It will go down in my memory books as one of the most special moments of my life.
The only difficult thing about the trip was the flight time. It took 16 hours to get to Hong Kong and we lost a day (as a result of the flight time and the fact that they are 13 hours ahead of us). My tailbone hurt so bad I wanted to cry. Coming home was slightly better because it was 14 hrs flight time and I commandeered Mom's pillow to take the pressure off my bottom. Whewww. I always suffer jet leg and the first 3 days in a new place and this was no exception. The problem now is that I'm home, I've been up for 32 hours and am too wound up to sleep. It's a crazy world.
No news on the I-171H from CIS....I really expected that it would be in my mailbox when I returned home today, but no such luck. Evidently with former President Ford's passing, the government took a day off to mourn and reflect and with 2 holidays in the middle it is taking a bit longer than I had hoped. Hopefully tomorrow will bring good news! As soon as I receive it, I'm heading directly to Indy for my state seals and then Sherry and I are road trippin' it to Chicago for my Chinese embassy seals. Whewww!
As soon as I've had some sleep I will post highlights of the trip along with pictures, but until then I will just leave a few photos for you to peruse.

First photo: a Monkey on Monkey Mountain...surprisingly not a tourist spot. Just something the locals are aware of. Oops, I guess not now.
2. Times Square, Hong Kong. We didn't stay for the final countdown--too many people!
3. Meat Market
4. Buddha on Lantau Island
5. The city as seen from a harbor dinner cruise. All the buildings decorate for the Holidays and many have spotlights that shine throughout the night.
6. Daddy Wang, Chennie, and Mommy Wang. All were dressed for the tea ceremony prior to the wedding.
7. The Wedding, duh.
8. Mom and Man To.
9. The whole family: Peter, Daddy Wang, Chennie, Mommy Wang, me, Mom, Dad
10. Chennie and Mom at Starbucks.

No comments: