Thursday, July 12, 2007

Stuff

Someone from my agency posted a comment about Hallmark and their new ornament collection. They were ohhhing and awwwing over a little ornament with a Chinese girl holding a lantern. HOWEVER, if they had looked on the next page (Joy to the World collection in case anyone is wondering) there was another item that I liked even more! It's a Joy to the World Interactive Musical Decoration. Sheesh, how clinical does that sound? But it is so cute! It can be seen at http://hallmark.com/wcstore/HallmarkStore/images/FeatureArea/db_6465.pdf

I have turned into my neighbors. I know my neighbors watch me. Even if I didn't see them peeking out their curtains, they joke about it with me! Well, I'm starting to watch them too. Last night Joann (the 68 year-old spit fire next door) had a gentleman caller. They went out for a while and then came back and he carried things into her house. He left around 9 PM, but when I woke up at 6:30 this morning, guess who's car was parked out front? Chances are they probably went on a day trip together, but it makes me smile to think that he might have stayed over last night. Oh dear, I really hope she doesn't have a brother that's visiting.....yuck.

In the evening when I come home from work I always park my car at the end of the driveway, walk down to my mailbox (sits on the property line) and walk back. As I was walking back I noticed the gentleman from across the street was crouching behind a tree smacking his lips and saying "come here". Although it sounds slightly pervy he was actually talking to the squirrel on the backside of the tree. After chatting for a minute he told me he and Stumpy (the squirrel) were friends and he was trying to train him to eat food out of his hand. Awwww. This is also the same guy that yells out the door at his wife if she doesn't mow the grass to his specifications. It's the first time I've seen him outside. He has smoked his entire life and is now tethered to an oxygen machine. I think my world is getting smaller and smaller.

There is a man in my local FCC chapter that is adopting as a single parent. He is currently in China right now picking up his son. I just have to share a picture of this kid...he is just the cutest thing ever! Now I really really want a son.



This is Cameron. Isn't he cute!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Happy 5 months today! Does it really feel like five months? If you're like me, some days yes, some days no. Hope your day was good! Kristen

Mama Seuss said...

I wanted to make sure you didn't miss my comment about the baby carriers, so I put it up here instead of down there. After seeing one of my friends with a Kozy Carrier, that is what I decided I will order. I'm still debating on having one custom made with a fabric of my choosing or picking one off the site. www.kozycarrier.com