Sunday, July 22, 2007

I A-M E-X-H-A-U-S-T-E-D

Yep, you read it here first...I'm so tired I can't move. Yesterday I woke up bright and early (aka 5:45 AM) so that I could get to Illinois in time to help with the big garage sale and move. The garage sale was supposed to begin at 7 am, but people actually began arriving at 6:30. What is wrong with people? Why can't they sleep in on a Saturday morning? It seems like some sort of sickness...I wonder if there is a 12-step program for them? Anyway, I arrived around 7:40 central time and the big rush was already over but people stopped by all morning long. I was so exhausted after going to bed so late and getting up early that I was useless. Plus, I hadn't had any caffeine. I usually try to go caffeine free on the weekends, but this was ridiculous. I spent most of my time watching Saige and helping with the garage sale while the rest of them packed things up and loaded the U-Haul. Even watching Saige wore me out. Finally by 6:15 the worst was over and the majority of their belongings were moved to the duplex. I really wish I had pictures of the day, but my camera wasn't working and I am really hoping it is just the battery. Even though I dead-ass tired I still stayed up late last night. It seems I have reversed the good bedtime vibes I was on last week and the new overly-exhausted ones have taken over which means I am going to be tired but unable to sleep.
I decided to skip church this morning so that I could sleep in. It's the first day since July 4th that I have been able to sleep late and not wake up by the alarm. After a nice, peaceful sleep I began to tackle my front yard. I've been very frustrated with the appearance of the front of the house. I want to landscape the area closest to the front of the house, but the slope of the yard is wrong and I needed to remove dirt and sod from the front of the bed and move it to the back of the bed (against the house). Now I have a better slope so hopefully things will drain away and down the hill to the south of the house. I cleared a 10x20foot piece of land. I'm exhausted! I think tomorrow if I am able to move I will try to slope it more and remove the old wood chips that passed for mulch. Hopefully I will be able to put my flower bulbs and other flowers in this week and mulch it by the weekend! I'm so excited as crazy as that might seem, but this yard is such a mess!

No comments: