Sunday, July 8, 2007

CCAA Updates!



That's right folks, the CCAA updated their site not once, but twice last week! In less than 2 weeks they reviewed dossiers for the entire month of May 2006! Now this may not sound newsworthy to most people (unless you are a waiting parent like me), but it took them over 3 months to process all of March 2006. They just finished April 2 weeks ago and now they are done with May. Most adoptive parents don't think too much about this part of it, but this is where I am holding my breath. This is where they go over your dossier with a fine tooth comb. I am a little nervous, but with Kristina's (my adoption coordinator) attention to detail I should be ok. She was SO thorough. So, they updated the reviewed dossiers on July 5th.
On July 6th they updated again and said they had finished matching families and babies for parents with a log in date through November 14, 2005. Yep, they are still really far behind, but at least this time they processed a weeks' worth of dossiers. Last time it was only 6 days and the time before that it was only 2 or 3. My goodness the wait ticks on like an eternity when you think of time like that. My mom is still planning on traveling next summer even though all indications lead to late 2008, but it never hurts to have faith.
Not much is very newsworthy here at home. I did harvest my first batch of green beans this weekend. Yep, I cooked up a whole pot of bean and they were so good I ate it all in 2 days! I really want a bigger garden next year...one for my veggies and another for my strawberries and melons. It's a lot of work, but oh so worth it. I only garden late in the day since I really can not tolerate the humidity, but I am keeping busy making baby afghans and adult afghans for friends. If I don't get my hour of crochet a day, I feel like my day isn't complete. Sigh....I've become such a homebody over the last year, but I like it!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

We're moving up on the list! Hopefully we'll be in the review room soon! Keep happy thoughts!
Kristen