Friday, July 20, 2007

Songs, Songs, Songs

While walking the other night I began thinking of all the music that makes me think of my daughter. Most of it is not child or even adoption related, but for some reason makes me think of her. Any song about home makes me think of her because a home feels so empty without a family. Feel free to e-mail me any suggestions.

  • Hung Up by Madonna "time goes by so slowly for those who wait" Need I say more?
  • Little Wonders by Rob Thomas "our lives are made in these small hours, these little wonders, these twists and turns of fate. Time falls away but these small hours still remain" Yep, kind of feels like that sometimes.
  • In the Sun by Michael Stipe "I picture you fast asleep, a nightmare comes, you can't keep awake. May God's Love be with you. May God's Love be with you"
  • Merry Christmas by Third Day. This song is very much about adopting in China. The father sings of Christmas here while the family waits, while their little girl waits for them in China. I really can't listen to this one without dissolving into tears. It's amazing.
Ok, time for some dinner....I'll add more a bit later and probably put them in a box to the side of my blog.

No comments: