Sunday, July 29, 2007

Faith



Faith. Simple word, big meaning. One of the biggest fears of my life has been unemployment, but in the seconds following the announcement on Tuesday I felt peace. Excitement. And this thought crossed my brain, "Alright, God, what else have you got? Show me what you can do." Somehow I knew it was going to be ok. Today Matt preached on Judges 6 and the general thought that I took away from the sermon was letting God lead and that it is ok to ask for a sign from God that it is truly him. I look at losing my job as a sign from God. I can trust him in certain areas, but I hold other areas so close to my heart because I don't trust him with them. These areas have been neglected for so long that I no longer trust him to provide for those things as well. If I can trust him to provide for me, why can I not let him provide for these other areas? Maybe it is time to let him.

I'm always amazed when someone tells me they have read my blog and have kept up with my news. I know that some of you have even been praying for me and I want to thank you for all your prayers and your concern.

No comments: