Sunday, February 10, 2008

Howdy, from sunny, warm Texas!

It's amazing that I can go from blustery, miserable 12* to 75* in the span of a few hours. The plane was two hours late...would you like to hazard a guess? It's not because of the winds. It's because they overbooked the plane and didn't have enough room for all the luggage. Evidently they also needed to take back some late bags so they needed to upgrade to a bigger plane. It looked like the same size plane I always take, so I think it may be a line of hooey.

Ok, so Kris tagged me for a new blogger quiz. Unfortunately since I'm not on my home computer (and therefore without a mouse), I'm not going to do this the way I'm supposed to. I'm supposed to list 7 weird/interesting facts about myself that you may not know. I've decided to kick it up a bit to let those at home play along.

1. I used to dissect dead stuff. It's true--but I never killed anything! I received my first microscope when I was 10 and moved beyond examining hair pretty quick. The neighborhood boys would bring big bugs or things fished out of the creek for me to look at under a microscope.

2. I carved my name into the Eiffel Tower. I'm not the kind of person that generally destroys private property, but I felt the urge to leave my mark on the world...starting with the Eiffel Tower.

3. I have extra holes in my head. It's a genetic thing--and it's a pretty cool party trick. I can hang earrings from the upper part of my ear. Evidently it's not limited to my family. When Rosie O'Donnell used to have a daytime talk show (back when she was nice) she showed off her holes. Maybe it's an Irish/Scottish thing?

4. I was an introvert, but I have become more outgoing as I have gotten older. People find this odd since I have the ability to talk to anyone and draw just about anyone out, but it wasn't always like that.

5. I have a torn retina that almost blinded one of my eyes. I'm not exactly sure what caused it, but the eye doctor said I had to have been hit really hard.

6. I love comb overs and mullets. A couple of weeks ago I saw an entire family of mullets--papa mullet, mama mullet, two young boy mullets and one 5 year-old girl mullet! I wish I'd had my camera...it was awesome! If you are sporting one, I can't promise not to point and laugh. Now you are warned.

7. I am bowel obsessed. But I'm sure you have guessed that already. It's partly being a nurse. People can handle pain, bad news, and crappy hospital food, but if they can't poop that's what they are going to focus on.

Ok, this one is your bonus question. You need to tell me the name of the person I'm talking about.

8. A couple of weeks ago I went to one of my local theatres and as I left the theatre to use the bathroom, I literally ran into a super model. I'm not kidding. Can you guess who it was? If you know where I live you might be able to guess, but if I don't get any good guesses, I will post a hint tomorrow. I will tell you that she is currently on a commercial that I guarantee you have seen (unless you don't watch TV).

No comments: