Sunday, January 6, 2008

Waiting

Since December my pastor has been teaching from the books Matthew and Luke and focusing on some of the people involved in the first Christmas story.  More specifically how did God interrupt the lives of Zechariah, Mary, Joseph, the Shepherds, the Wise Men, Herod and even Simeon.  How did he communicate (dreams and visions mostly) with these people that Jesus was about to interrupt, enter and disrupt their ordinary lives?  And how does he continue to do this to us today?

Today he focused on Luke 2:25-40 and story of Simeon and Anna.  Both were elderly but were waiting expectantly on the birth of the Messiah.  They waited their entire lives to meet this one little person.  It really put things in perspective for me.   Yes, the wait will still be tough tomorrow, next week and next year but I will wait for MayLing for however long it takes.  If Simeon and Anna could wait their entire lives for someone they would only know a short while, I can wait a few years to know my someone special for the rest of my life. 

This was, of course, the abbreviated version of the sermon.  But I have felt like I had gotten something out of each one and especially as I have walked this adoption journey it felt even more specific to me.  If any of you are interested in hearing his sermons, drop me a comment with your email and I will send you the link.

Cheers and Happy Monday to all of you returning back to work after 2 weeks off! 

1 comment:

Angie said...

What a way to think about the wait...I had not thought of that! Thanks for the encouragment! I will wait for Emma as you wait for May Ling! We WILL hold our girls...in God's time!