Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Rest In Peace

Heath           1979-2008

I was a Heath Ledger fan and I was quite shocked to learn of his death this morning.  It appears that drugs may have played a factor in his death.  If so, I really hope that others take note and realize that life is brief and we must respect the limited time that we have.

I just learned from Kristen that our dear China coordinator is losing her job.  I will be reassigned my third coordinator since I started this journey.  Evidently the slowdown in China isn't just affecting the children in China and the adoptive parents.  Agencies are now being forced to re-evaluate the best way they can meet their clients needs and make budget.  Hopefully I will hear from her tomorrow and I can express my thanks for all she has done.  Because of the slowdown, I rarely ever inquire about the process, but we have bonded over photos and recipe exchanges.  I will miss her.

I am tired.  I suspect I am fighting an infection because I have been short of breath again.  And tired.  Very tired.  And cold.  Very cold.  I cranked up the heat in my office to what was probably near 80 or better and I was wearing a cashmere sweater AND a jacket.  Yeah, the thermostat is definitely off. 

But life has improved and is getting better.  It has been good to step back from the process and return to my normally scheduled life.  I'm spending time with friends again and trying to do things that make me happy.  I'm starting to make plans again--something I haven't done because I never knew when MayLing would be coming home.  It's been nearly a year and I'm not much closer so it has really freed me up to focus on other pursuits again.  I think this year is going to be a good year. 

1 comment:

Jen said...

Found your blog today--we are adopting from VN.

I will miss Heath Ledger as well. Can't believe this has happened.

I'm glad you are making plans and getting out there--we have to do something to make this whole crazy wait go by! My heart goes out to the China families.