Sunday, June 17, 2007

What an incredible weekend!

Kristen, Heather, and I had lunch at the FlatTop Restaurant in Madison. Very good Asian Fusion type of place where you "make" your own meal and they fry it up for you. Pretty cool stuff.
Hey, we are expecting moms now...we can use the parking spot too!
Heather and Violet making sand angels in the volley ball court. Yep, it really was that much fun!

After our action packed couple of days, I've decided I'm out of shape. Seriously out of shape. I am so tired, but I had such a great time! Kristen was an incredible host...allowed me to play with her computer (which I am seriously missing since mine has only dial-up), eat all her chips and torment her cats. Yesterday we met Heather at a mall in Madison and spent the morning at a Build a Bear Workshop. I actually built a rabbit with big fluffy ears. You blow fluff in them and you put a "heart" in them as well. My bunnies heart beats if squeezed just so. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was really a lot of fun...probably the highlight of my day. We posed our bears and bunny together and had a lot of fun with them. I think it will be fun to have the adventures of the traveling bunny. Unfortunately I don't have any photos to share because Kristen is our photo guru. If you want to see the pics, click over to Kristen's blog (www.thisangelchildofmine.blogspot.com)

After bunny and bear making, we began shopping in earnest for all things baby: Babies R Us, USA Baby, Burlington Coat (also has a huge baby selection), Target, ShopKo, etc. We ended the day at an FCC picnic for the Madison families. There were probably 20-30 families there with lots of little kids! I got to play with Zoe, Violet, and Ruby....they were so cute!!! I can't wait until it's my turn. I realized that I will have to make sure that I'm not always in mommy-mode and remember to PLAY. Once I got in the sandbox with the kids last night, I didn't want to get out.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I had a great time! I checked ShopKo and K-Mart for the Cabbage Patch doll, but no luck. I'll keep looking! Riley and Chloe say hi.

Mama Seuss said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the FCC picnic. It's great to hang out with folks who've BTDT. Every family's story is unique but the end goal is the same. Be for you know it, we'll have our kids in tow.

~Heather

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time in Wisconsin. I love the clothes you picked out for Mayling. Kara

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.